POSTED Aug 01
The product engineering team is responsible for the creation and quality of the XOi Vision platform. We’re looking for a Mobile Developer to play a key role in building and maintaining our mobile application.
We are a group of talented and passionate people who care deeply about our customers and end users. We use best-of-breed engineering tools and practices to constantly deliver a high-quality product to our users to solve their real-world problems. Our mobile app is written in React Native and interacts with our cloud platform, hosted in a serverless AWS environment, using GraphQL.
This person will be responsible for improving and adhering to software quality best practices as they work with the rest of the team to create and maintain the app. The ideal candidate is someone who is highly driven to exceed benchmarks for product and service quality and is able to work independently with little supervision. They have excellent organization and problem-solving skills and are willing to coach and mentor junior engineers.
- Create and maintain new features in the mobile application using React Native.
- Assist with gathering and implementing functional and nonfunctional requirements.
- Communicate clearly regarding architectural issues and design solutions.
- Ensure code is well written and thoroughly tested.
- Work with project stakeholders to clarify requirements and create product solutions.
- Serve as owner and key contributor of some of the most crucial parts of the XOi application.
- Communicate issues with team leads and other stakeholders in a timely manner so as to minimize project timeline and cost impacts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent field (or 6+ years of working experience).
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience building and deploying native mobile applications.
- Expertise with React Native.
- Expertise in the common architectural patterns and frameworks for mobile application development.
- Experience in developing best practices, software principles, and code design concepts.
- Experience in developing and supporting rapid iterations of software in an Agile context.
You Are Someone Who:
- Has a passion for software quality and craftsmanship.
- Views your profession as your craft and continuously pursues excellence in your work.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment.
- Loves building the “Goldilocks” abstractions for the problem and for the team - you have learned how to solve the problem, the whole problem, and nothing but the problem.
- Collaborates effectively across various teams, coordinating regularly to set and manage expectations.
Apply for Position
- Being a key part of a fast-growing software company where you can make a difference.
- Comprehensive insurance plans.
- Monthly wellness allowance.
- Flexible paid time off & paid volunteer time.
- Learning & development.
- Working in the historic and centrally located Marathon Village in Nashville, TN or if you prefer, working remotely.
- Participating in team outings, events, and general fun!
- Helping to change an industry by serving the men and women that make our world turn.