POSTED Jul 25
Security Engineer (Remote-Brazil)
Who we are:
Loadsmart aims to move more with less. We combine great people and innovative technology to more efficiently move freight throughout North America. Our focus is on designing and building the best tools for our team and our customers, using machine learning algorithms to connect cargo with trucks. By better matching supply and demand, we reduce wasted fuel and lost time, cutting out empty miles for motor carriers and providing instant booking for shippers.
Who you are:
You believe in game-changing innovations and are excited about reimaging a 700 billion dollar industry. You take your impact seriously. You are passionate about building solutions that create sustainable, resilient, long-lasting value. You are a first-rate site reliability engineer, with experience and a proven ability to think about deploying software development projects.
We are looking for a Security Engineer to work remotely based in Brazil. You need to be obsessed about security, both technical and non technical aspects of it. You should have experience and proven ability to analyze, propose and implement safer systems and processes.
- Take a leadership role in driving internal security projects.
- Do regular risk assessment over important assets of the company.
- Build security plans, coordinate among involved people and execute.
- Do regular security tests and code reviews to look for possible threats.
- Assess security aspects of new architectural proposals.
- Analyze non software security threats.
- Document operational procedures and protocols regarding security.
- Maintain disaster recovery plans and train staff on security procedures.
- Generate security reports whenever needed.
Apply for Position
- You’re very comfortable communicating in English (both written and spoken) - you will work in an international team with native and non native english speakers
- Native proficiency in Portuguese language
- Proved experience as a security engineer or related
- Advanced Linux and networking experience
- Programming experience with Python and at least one more programming language
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL) or columnar databases (Vertica, Redshift, Greenplum) a plus
- Good communication and project management skills
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field