POSTED Mar 19
Software Engineer, Backend
Headquarters: Portland, Oregon
Icon Savings Plan is the retirement plan for everyone. We're building a first-principles all digital retirement plan that is free for employers to offer, available to any worker in the USA, and cheaper than any equivalent out there. We believe that everyone deserves access to a low-cost and easy to use retirement plan that is designed to work for them: it's portable so you can take it from job to job, and it deducts straight from your paycheck. More than 50 Million workers don't even have access to any retirement option from their employer. We're going to change that.
Our team is a small fully-distributed set of industry experts. We're focused on building a fantastic solution for businesses and employees. Our common-sense approach to behavioral design, as well as trust in our own expertise makes this a unique opportunity to join an early stage team.
We offer fully paid Medical/Dental/Vision benefits, and generous equity and pay. Our team is all along the West Coast in California, Oregon, and Idaho. Come join us and build something totally new in FinTech.
This position is fully Remote worker compatible for USA based employees. We recognize the challenge of our times with COVID-19 and are happy to onboard you from your work-from-home setup on Day 1. Occasional travel to Portland, OR may be required once it is safe to do so.
We're looking for a Backend Services Engineer who can help put in place many of our foundational components. You'll be responsible for end-to-end design of API's and service integrations with our partners as well as internal client applications. You're used to collaborating with a small team and owning large swaths of development.
The right person is very product oriented, and thinks deeply about our customer experience. Our requirements and understanding of the business change all the time, and the thought of being able to fill in the blanks excites you. A background in financial services is not required but very useful.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop new services in Java that integrate with our partners
- Expand and improve our internal client API's in Node.js and Apollo GraphQL
- Translate product needs for securities trading and funds flows into soundly designed systems and architecture
- Help establish key processes and norms of our engineering culture as we grow the team
SKILLS YOU'LL NEED
- Strong proficiency in Java or a similar language
- Solid understanding of distributed systems design and related tradeoffs
- Familiarity with GraphQL and/or RESTful APIs
- A strong collaborator who is transparent about progress on tasks, seeks feedback early and often, works effectively with the team
- Top notch communication skills and a penchant for remote work
To apply: https://icon-savings-plan.breezy.hr/p/47e4fbf5be8b-software-engineer-backend?source=weworkremotely
Apply for Position