POSTED May 20
Apply for Position
Our rapidly scaling medical education technology company is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer to join our Product team. In this role, you will be helping us build and maintain the most joyful, effective learning platform in the medical education space.
This is a hands-on position in a unique distributed, start-up environment, so we are looking for a candidate who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves to do the work and to collaborate with team members across the organization.
Our mission is to “Empower the world’s clinicians & caregivers with the best learning experience possible.” To this end, we have an audience of millions of current & future clinicians as well as patients and family members. We help our users learn more efficiently, excel in classes, board exams, and in the clinic.
We are a distributed team of creative, approachable, and motivated entrepreneurs, researchers, and clinicians who are passionate about improving healthcare and education. At Osmosis, we value highly-motivated problem solvers who manage their time efficiently, communicate earnestly, work effectively, and prioritize life-work balance. We do everything we can to make sure our teammates are successful personally and professionally.
About the Role
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will take care of our learner-facing product and user interface. In this role, you will be expected to:
* Build, test, ship, and maintain code for Osmosis’ learner-facing platform and user interface
* Collaborate and problem solve with the Product Team to develop the most user-friendly medical education platform
* Improve site usability, integrate user feedback, and implement best practices
* Work closely with Content and Marketing teams to build out and iterate on user funnels
* Contribute to a high-impact medical education platform that reaches hundreds of thousands of learners each year
* 5 years professional experience in software development
* Bachelor’s in Computer Science would be great but isn’t required.
* Ability to wed design sensibilities and functionality in support of maintaining the Osmosis brand across our product line
* Excellent communication skills and a willingness to give and receive feedback
* Entrepreneurial. Proactive and motivated problem-solving with sharp attention to detail
* Empathetic. Ability to put yourself in the shoes of medical students, patients, caregivers, and teachers and make decisions that benefit users.
* Adaptable. You are flexible and versatile with projects, goals, and strategies. You move quickly with change and stay open-minded
* Lifelong learner. You enjoy learning new skills, languages and frameworks, and applying lessons from them to your work.
* Passion for Osmosis’ mission to provide your future clinicians the best education so they can provide you and your loved ones the best care.
* Empathy. Our company values include “Start with the heart” and we take that seriously.
* Strong communication skills. We are a fully distributed company, so the ability to communicate clearly is critical for us.
Osmosis is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.yagJzhkdapAsCMnUw7CpJAMi