POSTED May 19
Full Stack Python Engineer
Gorgias helps e-commerce companies deliver excellent customer service at scale.
Apply for Position
Our product creates a unified profile of customers by combining emails, live-chat, and social-media messages with e-commerce data such as purchase and delivery info.
Combining all this data in a single application makes customer service more efficient and just better. Another fortunate side-effect is that some requests are completely automated using ML. + =
We've been around since 2015, and we're currently serving over 2700+ e-commerce businesses, including Steve Madden, Rothys, Timbuk2, and Fjällräven.
Is getting your hands dirty, in a real-world application that touches the lives of millions, your thing? Then yeah, Gorgias is for you.
What are some of the things we work on?
The frontend is written in React and React Native with the state managed by Redux. The backend code is mostly written in Python3 and runs using Flask (REST API) and Celery for all background work. The state is stored in PostgreSQL and RabbitMQ with Redis for ephemeral storage, and finally, everything runs on Kubernetes.
Given the above, we usually work on one of these levels by improving the existing code, or we create a new feature which more often than not has a component on both frontend, backend, and maybe a migration in the database.
In short, we do full-stack development. Either way, it always good to have a good understanding of the entire stack to be effective.
Who are we at work?
We have a strong preference for people who worked with high-traffic web applications for the past 3+ years. We're essentially running a distributed system that has lots of moving parts and having a decent amount of experience with this type of system helps a lot!
Additionally, our apps have over 10k daily active users with sessions longer than 6h+/day and serve tens of millions end consumers per year, so we put great importance on quality, testing, and code-review of all our code. Our apps have big codebases, and we have to feel comfortable about navigating and progressively improving them. Sometimes, however, we gotta get dirty and figure out why the DB is slow or why some k8s pod is not running correctly, figure out how to successfully retry a failing API request, etc... The end goal is to hide a lot of complexity from the user and make their life easier.
If this is the type of environment you're looking for, then you should consider applying.
* 3+ years of experience developing production-grade backend web applications using Python or JS.
* 3+ years of experience doing front-end development with JS.
* You are passionate about learning and want to help us learn too.
* You care about working on applications that are putting the customer needs first.
* You are comfortable communicating with other technical teams and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, demo work in progress, and provide project updates.
* You have the drive and focus to get challenging projects over the finish line, and you are comfortable advocating for what you need to do your best work.
* You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Nice to Have
* Experience in designing API/microservices is a huge plus.
* Experience with managing RDMS databases with 10Tb+ of data.
Company Benefits & Perks
* Competitive salary, equity packages, and performance bonus packages
* 4 weeks of vacation and parental leave
* Latest MacBook Pro or equivalent
* Retirement benefits
* Unlimited snacks
* Health coverage
Useful Things to Know About Gorgias
* Raised our Series A in November: techcrunch.com/2019/11/26/gorgias-series-a
* What our customers are saying: apps.shopify.com/helpdesk#reviews
* Our software stack: stackshare.io/gorgias
* Other positions: jobs.lever.co/gorgias
Engineering Team Culture
Getting Stuff Done, Ownership, Team Work, Excellence, and Agility.
You should join us if you want to ship stuff fast without scarifying quality. We've put great importance on testing our code, cleaning it, treating errors first, and features later.
We also value growth and ownership. People make mistakes. We learn from them to avoid them in the future. We cannot achieve excellence if there are no bumps in the road.yagJzhkdapAsCMnUw7CpJAMi