POSTED May 28
.NET C# Software Developer
Apply for Position
Kin is looking for a full-time .NET/C# software developer with at least two years of professional experience.
We are a 100% remote team working throughout the United States. Our new developer must be based in the United States as well, be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident of the U.S., and be willing to work the same structured daily schedule with our team (regular business hours of 9AM - 5PM Central time).
While we're looking for a developer, you need to be a senior-level team player, communicator, and problem solver. Since we are all remote, we communicate through Slack, Basecamp, and video chats throughout the day. You must be able to express your ideas and needs clearly. Everyone on our team also speaks directly with our clients on a daily basis, mostly in writing. You must be able to explain technical concepts to non-technical people thoughtfully, and you must be able to work and communicate with a diverse range of people.
As a back-end developer, here are some things you might do in a typical week:
* Be responsible for 2-3 projects at a time, all at varying degrees of completion.
* Be comfortable learning and maintaining legacy code bases.
* Investigate and resolve 15-20 reported bugs.
* Make updates to a SQL server database schema using our in-house data modeling tool, X2O.
* Provide well-written messages to a client in Basecamp about the current status and upcoming roadmap for a particular site implementation.
* Routinely provide detailed insight to a client explaining how you've implemented a piece of logic that they've specified to resolve a bug.
* Work with a project manager to estimate project completion
* Gain more business domain knowledge of how benefits and retirement plans work, as you continue to implement more code for a client. You'll use this knowledge to become even more productive and valuable for future projects.
* Perform scheduled code, database schema, and data migrations to various environments.
* Respond to issues discovered in a dynamic and static scan of existing code bases.
Kin is a close-knit, hard working team of software developers, designers, technical project managers, and support staff working to build better workplaces and employee experiences.
Kin promotes a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome, and value unique contributions of all people. We encourage all qualified U.S. Citizens / U.S. Permanent Residents to apply for this job.
++++ Staffing and outsourcing agencies will not be responded to ++++yagJzhkdapAsCMnUw7CpJAMi