POSTED Jul 25
Senior Python Back End Engineer (Remote-Brazil)
Who we are:
Loadsmart aims to move more with less. We combine great people and innovative technology to more efficiently move freight throughout North America. Our focus is on designing and building the best tools for our team and our customers, using machine learning models to connect freight with trucks. We automate with algorithms and scale with integrations to better match supply and demand. In doing this we reduce wasted fuel and lost time, cutting out empty miles for motor carriers and providing cost savings and instant booking for shippers.
Who you are:
You are curious to impact a 700 billion dollar industry of logistics. You take your impact seriously. You are passionate about building solutions that create sustainable, resilient, and long-lasting value. You are a first-rate software engineer, with experience and a proven ability to think strategically, creatively, and programmatically to achieve product and business results. You are passionate about developing and you value quality and code maintainability. You are pragmatic and don't pick technologies without considering the benefits for the product and business.
We are looking for a Senior Python Back End Engineer to work remotely in Brazil with Loadsmart. You'll join us in obsessing about transformational technology as part of our backend team. You should have experience and a proven ability to develop new solutions, build new products. We build and maintain services written in Python, using Terraform to manage our infrastructure, Kinesis for event streaming and several other technologies - we strive to use the best tool that suits our needs.
We are a growing team of passionate engineers from all levels. Our goal is to design and build tools and services to support Finance Operations scale and efficiently support shippers and carriers. We have a collaborative work environment, where engineers and team members from different departments pool their knowledge together to help each other grow.
- Discuss good practices for software modularization and feel comfortable suggesting contributions to build our set of internal guidelines and shared code
- Together with other team members, be responsible for the whole lifecycle of an application or service, from conception, specification, development, testing, support, bug fixing and decommission
- Take part in the decision making of writing clean and simple architecture design systems and tools
- Create tests, automation scripts, and configure Continuous Integration tools
- Assist our less experienced engineers with their questions on Python's features and quirks
- Collaborate with other team members to work on applications and services
- Review Pull Requests from the other members of the team
- Be data driven and work close to the Product Manager defining the next steps we should take.
Apply for Position
- 5+ years of programming experience building and maintaining services, most of them in Python
- Experience developing finance or billing systems
- You’re very comfortable communicating in English (both written and spoken) - you will work in an international team with native and non native english speakers
- Native proficiency in Portuguese language
- Passion. Be passionate about creating clean, highly maintainable, and structured code, supported by unit and integration tests
- Building blocks. Experience with architectural design patterns for services (client-server, event sourcing, MVC, etc)
- Collaboration with Front End. Experience developing REST APIs as so you can also collaborate on its definition together with frontend developers
- Troubleshooting. You're good at identifying the source of bugs, know how to dig into the code that may be causing the outstanding issue, and work to resolve any issues that come up
- Curiosity. You're keen on learning new technologies and tools as well as evaluating their pros and cons. You're a pragmatic programmer. You ask questions and are hungry to learn more
- Experience with AWS, Kubernetes and Terraform are a plus.